Because you can't have depths without surfaces.
Linda Grant, thinking about clothes, books and other matters.

Tuesday, 13 November 2007

Gentlemen's corner


writes Dave Hill


Alas, the breast pocket is under threat. I read that 90% of shirts sold ten years ago had one, but now only 25% do. It's a sin: a vanity thing, apparently. They say it "spoils the line" of the garment. Absolute rubbish, of course. I've been a breast pocket man since the heyday of Ben Sherman and nothing is going to change me now. I'm also a manbag man.

5 comments:

DaveHill said...

One pocket only, mind....

Linda Grant said...

Sorry.

Overpriced Designer Man Bag said...

Man bags - yes!

twollin said...

OMG - what are all the engineers doing now? They must be buying up and hoarding shirts with breast pockets - where would they put their pocket protectors?

E said...

I completely agree
My dad only likes shirts with a pocket to hold all those things that lie around and they are slowly becoming extinct.
I think practicality rules over design in this case