Because you can't have depths without surfaces.
Linda Grant, thinking about clothes, books and other matters.
Pure Collection Ltd.
Net-a-porter UK

Monday 28 April 2008

Tagged - five random things about me

I have been tagged by George Szirtes and am supposed to write six random things about myself. So here they are:

1. I have never seen an episode of the Simpsons

2. My father knew Houdini

3. I always thought I would grow out of being untidy, but I haven't. I don't understand the principle of putting things away. If I can't see them, they might as well not be there.

4. The oldest item currently in my wardrobe is a sweater dating from 1978. One day I will be thin enough to wear it again. One day.

5. I am a Canadian citizen (as well as a British citizen)

6. I will not, under any circumstances, eat a fried or poached egg. I might eat a cold boiled egg in a Salad Noicoise, or an omelette but only as long as the filling overwhelms the taste of the egg, and there is no runiness.

I will now tag Deja Pseu, Phyllis at The Sewing Divas, Lisa Goldman Miss Cavendish Charles Lambert Baroque in Hackney

6 comments:

Susan B said...

Thanks for the tag. I shall ponder randomly and post soon!

I'm of an opposite mind on the egg yolks though: poached, over-easy, or soft boiled for me. Hard cooked egg yolks make me gag.

Anonymous said...

Houdini - that is so cool!

Miss Cavendish said...

Hi Linda,

I enjoyed completing the meme; thanks very much for the tag! Were you born in Canada?

Linda Grant said...

No.

Anonymous said...

Linda - I think for Jews of a certain generation, having contacts like your father's was not necessarily unusual. My father's mother's cousin was Harvey Lembeck(of Stalag 17 fame) and he lived next door to Paddy Chayefsky and went to school with his brother.

Charles Lambert said...

Tagged again! I think I've done this one before but, hey, that's what random is all about. You might be surprised, or not, to know that I am just in the process of tagging you, Linda. It's slightly more literary than this one, but utterly painless, so I hope you don't mind.