Because you can't have depths without surfaces.
Linda Grant, thinking about clothes, books and other matters.

Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Handcream update

Creme de le Mer handcream at Heathrow Duty free is £51. In the US its normal price is $70. I didn't get it.

They didn't have LOccitaine. I agree with others about Ahava, but I don't like the strong smell and you can't get it at duty free. So in the end I got Clarins. £13. I agree it's an excellent handcream, and it has an SPF. But it also has a slightly medicinal smell which I find off-putting. But beggars can't be choosers. £51 for handcream at Heathrow, $70 at Saks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lush Dream Cream is really nice and is practically scent-free. Vaseline Intensive Hand & Cuticle cream (pink tube, blue cap) is ok.

Anonymous said...

clarins is medicinal, the best by far is jurlique, an australian brand, nothing else compares, but I don't think you can get it in the UK